The Park Board named this site on July 16, 1956 after a bounding street. The street was named for a small village in France famous for its military action during World War II.
The Falaise Park Wetland Garden was officially opened September 24, 2006 transforming a previously boggy, turfed area into a perfect environment for specific native plants and wildlife.
In November 2010, a fruit orchard was added (alongside Dieppe Drive). Twenty-five fruit trees—apple, cherry, plum, pear and peach—will provide an opportunity for the development of community stewardship programs. Students at Vancouver Christian School, Renfrew Elementary School and Windermere Secondary School will also use the trees as an educational tool for ecology programming. Falaise Park was selected as a site for the orchard because it offers good sun exposure and air circulation. A bug garden, designed by horticulture students from Kwantlen Polytechnic University to control pests and pollinate trees, will be installed in the orchard in 2011.