ParkFinder
Granville Park
Park Location
3001 Fir Street
(@ W 14th Avenue)
Neighbourhood
Fairview
Area
1.96 hectares
Click to view larger map
Recreation Facilities
Bowling GreensBowling Greens(x2)
Field HousesField Houses(x1)
Tennis CourtsTennis Courts(x4)
WashroomsWashrooms(x1)
Washroom Information
LocationWinter hoursSummer hoursNotes
Central, field houseDawn to DuskDawn to DuskNo Caretaker
About the Park
Granville Park consists of two spaces separated by Pine Street. On the west side, steps lead into a sunken, grassed court lined with cedar and hornbeam, while the east portion of the park includes tennis courts and shaded seating areas. Both spaces are inviting for a game of soccer or a quiet stroll.
History
On November 11, 1914, the Park Board officially named this park in honour of Earl Granville, Britain’s Colonial Secretary in 1886 when Vancouver was incorporated as a city. Originally the official name for the settlement was “Granville”, not Vancouver. That had changed by 1886 and in 1913 the Ward 6 Ratepayers Association suggested honouring Earl Granville with a park naming.

Click here to see your activities