ParkFinder
Langara Golf Course
Park Location
6706 Alberta Street
(@ W 49th Avenue)
Neighbourhood
South Cambie
Area
48.57 hectares
Click to view larger map
Recreation Facilities
Jogging TrailsJogging Trails(x1)
Tennis CourtsTennis Courts(x4)
WashroomsWashrooms(x1)
About the Park
Langara Golf Course’s treed greens are surrounded by a popular walking a jogging trail. Along with the tennis courts and playground along the way, the tree-lined trail has wonderful filtered views of the golf course and surrounding neighbourhood.
History
This land was originally owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) and run by them as a golf course when it initially opened in July 11, 1926. The name comes from the Spanish explorer Lt. Eliza whose moniker for what is now known as Point Grey was Punta de Langara.

In 1968 the Park Board became interested in leasing the land for a municipal golf course and did so until December 3, 1973 when they purchased 66 adjacent acres of land from the CPR along with the existing course. Twenty acres of the land was then developed for housing and the YMCA purchased two acres for a new recreational facility. The golf course was reconfigured in 1977 and was completely rebuilt in the mid 1990s.
Click here to see your activities