ParkFinder
Queen Elizabeth Park
Park Location
4600 Cambie Street
(@ W 29th Avenue)
Neighbourhood
Riley-Little Mountain
Area
52.98 hectares
Click to view larger map
Recreation Facilities
Ball HockeyBall Hockey(x2)
Basketball CourtsBasketball Courts(x4)
Bowling GreensBowling Greens(x1)
Disc Golf CoursesDisc Golf Courses(x1)
Field HousesField Houses(x1)
Outdoor Roller Hockey RinksOutdoor Roller Hockey Rinks(x2)
Pickle BallPickle Ball(x4)
Tennis CourtsTennis Courts(x17)
WashroomsWashrooms(x3)
Washroom Information
LocationWinter hoursSummer hoursNotes
FieldhouseDawn to DuskDawn to DuskNo Caretaker
Lookout7:30 am - 9:00 pm7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Under "Seasons"7:30 am - 9:00 pm7:30 am - 9:00 pm
History
In the beginning, Queen Elizabeth Park was known as Little Mountain. Its surface had been scarred at the turn of the century when it was quarried for its rock. In 1919, the Canadian Pacific Railway first offered this real estate to the Vancouver Park Board. By 1929, the Park Board proceeded to acquire the property. In 1930, the park's floral future was foretold when the BC Tulip Association suggested transforming the quarries into sunken gardens. The popular quarry gardens were unveiled in the early 1960s. Bloedel Conservatory opened in 1969.
Click here to see your activities